Thursday, May 3, 2012

I am so ungodly tired of the bomb threats.

Last Thursday I was absent from school. I got a call about 4pm or whatever saying that there was a bomb threat and that the next day we were going to have our bags sniffed by the bomb dogs. Fine, whatever. wait in a huge ass line to have my shit sniffed. I don't care. 2pm Friday, twenty minutes until dismissal, they tell us on the PA system that there was a second threat found and that Monday we were not going to be allowed to have any sort of bag including purses, lunch boxes, or backpacks. Also, only one bathroom per sex would be open on each floor, we have to sign in to use it, one at a time, and a teacher watches the entrance and checks the bathroom after we leave. I waited 20 minutes to go to the bathroom, it was ridiculous. Tuesday, same deal. no bags, limited bathroom access. Wednesday, allowed to have bags, still limited bathroom access. Everything went great.


Oh, Thursday. why do you always have to be a pain in my ass?

Thursday, I was supposed to leave at 10:45 to go into the city and play a concert at noon with my string quartet. This had been planned for several months. At 10:30, an announcement was made on the PA system telling us to stay where we were. Shortly after, our school was evacuated and put into our football stadium. I lost it. I couldn't stop cursing and crying. The school would not let me go and play this amazingly important concert all because of a hoax bomb threat. I called my mom and she, like about 800 other parents, picked her child up and took me the fuck home. I got home at noon, and collapsed. It was too late to go play the concert. The concert was canceled. Not even rescheduled....It was the only thing I had been looking forward to at all. This whole last month I had just wanted to die, and the concert kept me going. Now, all I have to look forward to is prom, which might not even happen because of all of the bomb threats and shit. We are going to be on limited movement with no bags for pretty much the rest of the year at this point. I can't stand it. I had a breakdown Monday because of the restrictions. I can't play this game any longer.

Fuck you, bomb threat person.
and fuck you Exeter.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, love your blog. Check out mine? http://osumone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete